A preview on the top 5 teams of the FIFA 14 World Cup
Its interesting to see the pairing of the teams in eight groups, of countries each. If you go by the word used by the football lovers, its a mouth watering pairing, which definitely means that there is going to be bang on the all new Brazil pitch, this summer. And it will be definitely worth a watch.
Looking at the previous wins and performances, the audiences have already started betting on their favorite teams. Lets take a sneak peak at the top five teams with the odds to win the tournament:
5. Holland : At the fifth position is Holland. This team is known for creating a history by being one of the teams to win the World Cup trophies successively. Not just that but it has also got to the FIFA World Cup finals thrice in a row.
The team can boast of having a combination of old and new players who form the crust of the team. With the likes of Arjen Robben, Lens, Jordy Clasie, Strootman and Robin Van Persie , the team has fair chances of winning the game.
4. Spain : If we go by the spirit of the players, Spain is all set to repeat the glory of the previous tournament. After having achieved a achieved the position of World Class players team Spain is in no position to let go of the title.
The irony is that they have been grouped with Holland that happens to be its opponents in the 2010 World Cup finale. Well with that, the team should be certainly looking forward to start the match with Holland and yet again winning over them.
The team by lead by Iker Casillas, has key players like Andres, Xavi, Pique, Villa who have proved their skills time and again in the last few years. If all goes well, then this will be the fourth successive win of the team in both the Euro and World Cup tournaments.
3. Italy: after Holland its Italy than can boast of being the only team having won the FIFA world cup twice in a row. Apart from that they have a tremendous history of being 4 times world champions, i.e. in 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006. They have also been the runners up in the 1970 and 1994 FIFA World Cup tournaments.
The team consists of some fabulously skillful and experienced players the football world has ever seen. Well with that, Italy definitely can give a tough time to their competitors.
2. Germany : Considered as one of the strongest contenders in the tournament, Germany certainly takes the second place in the rankings. If we go by the past record, this team has been the world champions thrice and if done well they have all the chances of grabbing that prestigious cup for the fourth time.
With young stars like Mario Gotze and Marco Reus in the team, Germany stands a very good chance of claiming the World Championship title yet again.
1. Brazil: Ever since the venue for the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament is been choosen, votes have been pouring out big time on the host team. Playing on their home ground gives them a good advantage of winning the title.
Even if the whole hype of being the host team is taken aside, the Brazilian team has always proven itself to be one of the best teams by winning the world championship title 5 times and being the runners up twice (in 1950 and 1998), which certainly makes them the strongest contenders in the tournament.
The team consists of world class players like Neymar, Alves, Oscar, Hulk and Thiago Silva (captain of the team) who are known for exceptionally good striking skills.
If gone by the prediction of the audience, then one among these countries are to take home the prestigious FIFA World Cup 2014 trophy.